Richmond Pharmacology is one of the UK’s foremost clinical research organisations, based in Central London, we currently have a requirement for a Biomedical Engineer for a 1 year contract with a strong likelihood of a permanent contract thereafter.
The post holder will form part of a small team maintaining medical equipment across the company. You will liaison with and work closely with your colleagues in other departments, including Clinical Trials Assistants, Doctors and Study Managers and Project Managers. providing advice and guidance regarding software and applications, evaluation of devices, acceptance testing, commissioning, troubleshooting, calibration and maintenance. Training will be provided, but ideally, you will have a solid base level of knowledge with medical devices already.
The post does not require any prior experience, but you must be able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and good process and time management skills.
There may be a requirement to participate in the emergency on-call rota when required.
Main duties include:
– Device maintenance / management to ensure all devices are serviced yearly and ready prior to each study.
– Making sure the devices are pre-programmed, setup and available.
– Maintain logging of the device activities.
– Download the data off the devices and send for further processing.
– Receive and distribute the reports from downloaded data.
We have a great group of people that make up our team.